The two– day Annual Executive Committee Meeting of the Somali Media Association (SOMA) has been held at Afrik Hotel in Mogadishu, Somalia from 27th to 28th November 2017.
The Executive Members of SOMA comprising of the Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson/Acting Secretary General and five members of the Executive Committee were in attendance of the gathering, while two members apologized for not being in position to come for the meeting.
A member from Radio Ergo was present in the meeting, while another member of Radio Ergo has attended part of the Meeting in Skype.
The main agenda for the Executive Meeting was:-
- Discussion on the principles of Content Sharing Program
- Approving the principles of Content Sharing Program
- Discussion & Approval for the Regulations of SOMA
- Financial report of last year
- Work Plan for Next Year
After the 2- day deliberations on the main topics, the members of the meeting have issued the following statement:-
- Have approved the changes made in the constitution and the regulations of SOMA
- The Content Sharing Program have been reviewed and revised and complete for its equipments
- Approval of the Financial Report from July 1, 2016 to October 31, 2017.
- To strengthen the relationship and information sharing between the Executive Committee and the General Assembly
- To step up the activities for the Website and that for the Social media and the Content Sharingprogram will have major part.
- That the emails in which the members of the Executive Committee and secretariat office will communicate with each other and operate with will be SOMA official emails.
- Executive committee has expressed appreciation to the partners, especially to IMS/FOJO for supporting the efforts to improve and develop the capacity of the media housesand journalists.